Washington, D.C. (November 17, 2014)—The Atlantic will gather the people whose companies and ideas are shaping the future of technology and the way we live our lives for a one-day event in San Francisco: “Navigate: The Atlantic Tech Conference,” Tuesday, December 9 at University of California, San Francisco. From drones and sharable homes to modern space travel and decoding rap lyrics, the daylong summit will look at how these inventors, and their revolutionary ideas, are impacting how we interact with the world.
Speakers confirmed to join The Atlantic’s Navigate include:
- Chris Anderson, Founder, 3D Robotics
- Joe Gebbia, Co-Founder, Airbnb
- Thomas Goetz, CEO, Iodine
- David Kelley, Founder, IDEO
- Sal Khan, Founder, Khan Academy
- Aaron Levie, Co-Founder and CEO, Box
- John Maeda, Design Partner, Kleiner, Perkins, Caufield, and Byers
- Jonathan Rosenberg, Advisor to Google CEO Larry Page, Google
- Christian Rudder, Co-Founder, OkCupid
- Evan Sharp, Co-Founder, Pinterest
- Gwynne Shotwell, President, SpaceX
- Debbie Sterling, Founder and CEO, Goldieblox
- Margaret Stewart, Director of Product Design, Facebook
- Peter Thiel, Co-Founder, PayPal and Palantir
- Padmasree Warrior, Chief Technology & Strategy Officer, Cisco
- Anne Wojcicki, Co-Founder, 23andMe
- Ilan Zechory, Co-Founder, Rap Genius
Conversations across the day—whether in a one-on-one interviews or a case study about a new application or tool—will be led by Atlantic Media editors, including James Bennet, Ron Brownstein, Steve Clemons, and James Fallows. The Atlantic’s “Navigate” will also feature “Start-up Square,” an interactive space for local start-ups, program speakers, and underwriters to display their ideas with conference participants.
Media interested in attending and covering the conference should contact The Atlantic’s Alexi New (email@example.com). The program will also be webcast live via The Atlantic’s Events Channel. Additional speakers and moderators and a full program agenda will be released in the coming days.
AT&T and Toyota are the Presenting Level Underwriters of “Navigate,” and The Bold Italic and General Assembly are the Contributing Level Underwriters.
AT A GLANCE:
Navigate: The Atlantic Tech Conference
Tuesday, December 9, 2014
9 AM – 5 PM, PT
Mission Bay Conference Center
University of California, San Francisco
1675 Owens Street
San Francisco, CA 94158
Webcast Link: www.theatlantic.com/navigate2014
We want to hear what you think about this article. Submit a letter to the editor or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.