The transcript from Friday’s closed-door hearing was made public late Saturday, and it confirms that Mueller is pursuing a possible obstruction of justice case against the president.
At the time of his death, following a violent altercation with guards, Karl Taylor was one of thousands of mentally ill inmates who are confined to institutions that are supremely ill-equipped to handle them.
Marijuana legalization was supposed to decrease crime—but the reality is more complicated.
Advocates claim that the bill would pass with a supermajority in the Senate, but the majority leader says it’s dividing his caucus.
Readers respond to John D. Dingell’s proposal for how to fix Congress.
Robert Mueller is closing in on the president and all his men.
- Live Event
- A Close Reading of the 235-Page Comey Transcript
- Manafort, Cohen, and Individual 1 Are in Grave Danger
- Neil deGrasse Tyson and the Careers That Weren’t
- Sometimes I Wish the Obamas Wouldn’t ‘Go High’
- The 22 Best TV Shows of 2018
- Why New York Subway Lines Are Missing Countdown Clocks
- The Mysterious Return of Manafort’s ‘Russian Brain’
- Millennials Didn’t Kill the Economy. The Economy Killed Millennials.
- As Good an Attorney General as We’re Likely to Get
- The CRISPR Baby Scandal Gets Worse by the Day