I grew up in a gun-loving town in Alabama. My grandfather’s store sells firearms. But only after I was shot did I begin to understand America’s complicated relationship with guns.
Voters Not Politicians gathered 425,000 signatures in Michigan to secure a spot on the November ballot for a proposed constitutional amendment creating a citizens’ commission for redistricting.
The Founders designed a government that would resist mob rule. They didn’t anticipate how strong the mob could become.
“Venezuela is no longer a pressure cooker. It’s a time bomb waiting to explode.”
They’d rather eat in the dark than risk coming across one of us.
Readers debate questions of cannabis use and abuse.
- Live Event
- A Warning From Europe: The Worst Is Yet to Come
- My Rapist Apologized
- The Crisis of the American Elites
- How Puberty Kills Girls’ Confidence
- Psychics Who Hear Voices Could Be On to Something
- The Bad American Habits I Kicked in Finland
- Latin America Gets Its Own Migrant Crisis
- America Is Living James Madison’s Nightmare
- American Weirdness: Observations From an Expat
- Attention: A Muscle to Strengthen