The recent case of Avital Ronell, an NYU professor suspended for sexual harassment, and the scholars who rallied to support her highlights the intense politics of academia.
The newly released lists of his regime’s victims serve as a cruel epilogue for all those who rose up against him.
Ego may be driving the president’s campaign itinerary more than anything else.
The collapse of a bridge and a pier in Europe are the latest examples of the decline of infrastructure—as an idea as much as a set of physical facilities and services.
A lesson from Germany
People know a famous community of killer whales as individuals, with their own names, families, and personalities—which has made their woes even harder to take.
- Live Event
- 1 It’s Easier to Leave the Solar System Than to Reach the Sun
- 2 The Nastiest Feud in Science
- 3 Elephants Have a Secret Weapon Against Cancer
- 4 When Academics Defend Colleagues Accused of Harassment
- 5 The Lie of Little Women
- 6 How to Discuss the Far Right Without Empowering It
- 7 Crazy Rich Asians Is a Breath of Fresh Air
- 8 The End of the David Clarke Era
- 9 More Bridges Will Collapse
- 10 Why the Left Is So Afraid of Jordan Peterson