“Floods and hurricanes happen. The hazard itself is not the disaster—it’s our habits, our building codes.”
Many Istanbulites are concerned that the city’s plans for the future leave its storied past behind.
Once callout culture takes hold, it never ends.
Mike Trout just signed a record-breaking contract extension with the Los Angeles Angels. What he really needs is a team that can win championships.
They rely on murderous insincerity and the unwillingness of liberal societies to see them for what they are.
Images from the past few days in Christchurch, where residents continue to gather at makeshift memorials across the city
- Live Event
- Schwarzenegger Steps In to Defend John McCain’s Legacy
- Instagram Is the Internet’s New Home for Hate
- Chelsea Clinton in the Hall of Mirrors
- Midwestern Flooding Isn’t a Natural Disaster
- Nazis Have Always Been Trolls
- A New Discovery Upends What We Know About Viruses
- The Art of a Monster
- Faith, Reason, and Immigration
- The Fertility Doctor’s Secret
- A Damaged Soul and a Disordered Personality