Angela Crawford has taught English at a Philadelphia high school for 23 years. Not many veteran black teachers like her are left nationwide.
When ISIS claimed responsibility for the Easter attacks in Sri Lanka, it did so in Arabic and English—and in languages spoken in just a few regions across South Asia.
Five conservative justices are bent on defending a policy that is unpopular, expensive, and cruel.
The new HBO drama depicts a bold, groundbreaking 19th-century lesbian. But its palatable tone falsely suggests that few obstacles were in her way.
The island nation’s religious minority was rarely threatened. The Easter bombings changed that.
- Live Event
- Jeopardy Wasn’t Designed for a Contestant Like James Holzhauer
- The Instagram Aesthetic Is Over
- James Holzhauer Explains the Strategy Behind His Jeopardy Winning Streak
- Trump Refuses to Defend the United States
- The Mueller Report Was My Tipping Point
- Greenland Is Falling Apart
- The Truth About Dentistry
- Trump Is Now in Open Defiance of Congress
- Grieving the Future I Imagined for My Daughter
- The Supreme Court’s Death Drive