At long last, a new batch of emojis is coming. Set to be added in July (an exact date is not yet available), over 250 new emojis will be part of Unicode 7.0 standard. In order to see the new set, your device will have to operate with software that supports Unicode 7.0.
The new emojis include some serious necessities:
- A middle finger, for when your phone autocorrects to "ducking"
- Golfer, for more sports ball messages
- Shopping bags, to please white girls across the digital world
- Linked paperclips, because that's what you're actually working on in your cubicle
- World map, to plan your vacation on the world's smallest map
Check out the complete list here.
This article is from the archive of our partner The Wire.
We want to hear what you think about this article. Submit a letter to the editor or write to email@example.com.