With the revenue and profit generating success of its iOS products, Apple's market value has passed half a trillion dollars in after hours trading. This is truly astonishing. Look at just a few of these comparisons:
- Car companies used to be the pillar of national economies. Now, Apple is worth as much as Toyota, Volkswagen, Daimler, Honda, Ford, Nissan, GM, Renault, Peugeot, Renault, and Tesla combined.
- Or take media. If you add up Comcast, Disney, News Corp, Viacom, Time Warner, Time Warner Cable, CBS, Liberty Global, Dish Network, Charter, and Cablevision, you can only get to $350 billion of market capitalization.
- Apple is worth more than Google ($200 billion) and Microsoft ($267 billion) combined.
- Apple is worth 16 times more than Dell ($31 billion) and almost 6 times as much as HP ($51 billion).
- Apple makes more profit in two weeks than AOL's entire market cap.
- Google, Microsoft, Yahoo, AOL, Adobe, HP, Dell, and Lenovo are worth almost $600 billion to Apple's $500 billion.
With a run like this, it's difficult to do much more than wait and watch. It's hard to compare their success with any technology company, including Google, Amazon, and Facebook.