Yesterday, Netflix announced price hikes. Today, Netflix users led a Twitter revolt. Instead of $9.99 for unlimited streaming and mail-order DVDs, you now pay $15.98, a 60 percent price hike, if you want to both receive movies in the mail and watch online. Subscribers, unsurprisingly, don't like these changes. So day 2 of the great Netflix Markup Madness has largely occurred on Twitter, where angry Netflix subscribers are venting their feelings and coming up with their best insults of the service via the #DearNetflix hashtag.
Here's a look at the best digs at people's formerly beloved streaming-and-DVD-by-mail movie service.
- Make fun of Netflix's selection by comparing it to old people.
- Praise the formerly made fun of competition.
- We are legion.
- Take cues from your last bad-breakup email.
- Consider the alternatives.
- Can you phrase your insight in the form of a question?
This article is from the archive of our partner The Wire.