Pew released a new study today about the habits of Twitter users. They surveyed about 1,000 people generally and then 100 users in-depth about their habits. There aren't too many shocking revelations, but there are a few nice datapoints for your next slide deck.
- 6 percent of all adult Americans use Twitter. That's 18 million people.
- The group of Americans who are by far the most likely to use Twitter are Hispanics. 18 percent of Hispanic Internet users Tweet.*
- More than half of the Twitter users surveyed say they post "humorous or philosophical observations about life in general."
- 36 percent of Twitter users check the site "for materials posted by others" at least once a day.
- 48 percent of Twitter users check the site "for materials posted by others" "once every few weeks."
*I hate the word Hispanic. I'll use it, but want my protest lodged.
We want to hear what you think about this article. Submit a letter to the editor or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.