Washington, D.C., and New York, N.Y. (April 9, 2014)—The third annual New York Ideas, presented by The Atlantic and the Aspen Institute at the New-York Historical Society on May 6, will bring together today’s disruptors and innovators across various industries for a day of discussion and debate. With an eye to those shaking things up in their industries or charting new territory, participants include the creator of the Cronut, SoulCycle’s founders, a lead engineer of NASA’s Mars Rover landing, and the brain behind Change.org.
The list of confirmed speakers to date is below and includes leaders and innovators in fields from food, culture, and philanthropy to new media and design.
Tickets for New York Ideas are on sale now. The full day program—9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.—will feature dozens of interviews, panels, interactive demos, and breakout workshops. Networking sessions will be peppered throughout. The Atlantic editors, guest journalists, and the Aspen Institute President and CEO Walter Isaacson will moderate the discussions.
Confirmed participants to date include:
- Designer Jonathan Adler
- Cronut Creator Dominique Ansel
- The Lowline Co-Founder and Executive Director Daniel Barasch
- DonorsChoose.org Founder and CEO Charles Best
- New York Times Food Columnist Mark Bittman
- New York City Police Commissioner William Bratton
- Ideapod Co-Founder Justin Brown
- Fast Future Author David Burstein
- Smorgasburg Founders Jonathan Butler and Eric Demby
- Cosmopolitan Editor-in-Chief Joanna Coles
- SoulCycle Co-Founders Elizabeth Cutler and Julie Rice
- Tough Mudder CEO Will Dean
- Tradesy.com Founder and CEO Tracy Dinunzio
- IDEO Partner Fred Dust
- Author and Historian George Dyson
- Storefront Co-Founders Erik Eliason and Tristan Pollock
- Morgan Stanley Chairman and CEO James Gorman
- Getty Images Director of Visual Trends Pamela Grossman
- Mental Floss Co-Founders Mangesh Hattikudur and William Pearson
- Techonomy CEO David Kirkpatrick
- Vox.com Editor-in-Chief Ezra Klein
- Christie’s CEO Steven Murphy
- LinkedIn SVP of Products and User Experience Deep Nishar
- Change.org Founder and CEO Ben Rattray
- Blue Apron Founder and CEO Matt Salzberg
- Pitchfork Founder and CEO Ryan Schreiber
- Journalist and Author Gail Sheehy
- The Awl Co-Founder Choire Sicha
- NASA’s Lead Mechanical Engineer for the Mars Exploration Rover Mission Adam Steltzner
- Kickstarter Co-Founder and CEO Yancey Strickler
- Ford Foundation President Darren Walker
- The Frick Collection Director Ian Wardropper
McKinsey is the event’s Knowledge Underwriter and the American Federation of Teachers and Maker’s Mark are Supporting Underwriters.
New York Ideas at a Glance:
New York Ideas focuses on “The Innovators,” convening leaders and agents of change in business, finance, technology, the sciences, and the arts for stimulating conversations, interactive displays, and break out sessions on the trends and technologies set to change New York...and from there, the world. Visit the Events Channel for a look at the 65+ inspiring and provocative speakers that took the event’s two stages in 2013—including musical superstar John Legend and Google Executive Chairman Eric Schmidt.
Tuesday, May 6, 2014
9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., ET
The New-York Historical Society
170 Central Park West at 77th Street
New York, NY 10024
1,000 attendees, and dozens of speakers
$79; To purchase, visit here.
We want to hear what you think about this article. Submit a letter to the editor or write to email@example.com.