From Herman Cain's Tuesday press conference on the harassment allegations, some lines you never want to hear coming out of a candidate's mouth
1. "Of course I would be willing to do a lie detector test."
2. "I don't even know who this woman is."
3. "After watching that press conference yesterday, I called [my wife]. I said, 'Sweetheart, did you see it?' She said, 'Yes ... I have known you for 46 years ... that doesn't even sound like anything you would ever do to anyone."
4. "I cannot say that it is a conspiracy. We do not have definitive, factual proof. We can only look at some coincidences to suggest it, that maybe someone is deliberately behind it."
5. "There will probably be others."
Image credit: Reuters/Joshua Lott
We want to hear what you think about this article. Submit a letter to the editor or write to email@example.com.
Molly Ball is Time magazine’s national political correspondent and a former staff writer at The Atlantic.