White House photographer Pete Souza has released this instantly iconic photograph of the president and his national security team as they "receive an update on the mission against Osama bin Laden in the Situation Room of the White House, May 1, 2011," the day bin Laden was killed by American forces in Abbottabad, Pakistan.
1. Vice President Biden
2. President Obama
3. Air Force Brigadier General Marshall Webb, Assistant Commanding General, Joint Special Operations Command
4. Deputy National Security Advisor Denis McDonough
5. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton
6. Secretary of Defense Robert Gates
7. Admiral Mike Mullen, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff
8. National Security Advisor Thomas Donilon
9. Chief of Staff William Daley
10. Antony Blinken, National Security Adviser to Vice President Biden
11. Audrey Tomason, Director for Counterterrorism
12. John Brennan, Assistant to the President for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism
13. Director of National Intelligence James Clapper
We want to hear what you think about this article. Submit a letter to the editor or write to email@example.com.