A Democratic official passes along the following list of ways that the party assisted Michael Bennet, a candidate who, unlike Arlen Specter and Blanche Lincoln, the White House had a personal -- as in, they really like Bennet -- stake in electing. Note how the White House political team was able to enlist cabinet officers to target specific constituencies:
- Raised over $700k through POTUS event in February, Education Secretary Arne Duncan in March, HUD Secretary Donovan in June.
- POTUS on tele-town hall with thousands of registered voters who had not yet cast ballots.
- POTUS Get Out The Vote (GOTV) mailer
- POTUS Robo-call
- POTUS TV spot
- DNC targeting team helped develop GOTV universe for the Bennet campaign.
- Plouffe email to Bennet fundraising lists
- Labor Sec. Solis robo call
- Labor Sec. Solis radio call in's
- The White House helped secure George Lopez for GOTV robocalls to Latino voters
Disclosure: Michael Bennet's bro is the Atlantic's ed, James Bennet.
We want to hear what you think about this article. Submit a letter to the editor or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.