1. WH spox Gibbs on Rick Santelli: "I also think that its tremendously important that for people who rant on cable television - to be responsible and understand what it is they're talking about. I feel assured that Mr. Santelli doesn't know what he's talking about." ...... Shares of Bank of America and Citigroup fell on "nationalization" fears, says the press. .... ..... But actually, they fell b/c Wall Street things they're insolvent. ... Sens. Schumer and Dodd endorse short-term, Swedenequse-nationalization of some banks...A good analysis is here......Citi employees joke about retiring with "government" benefits .... Transportation Sec. Ray LaHood floats a vehicle mileage tax in advance of commission recommendation.....House Republicans prepare alternative mortgage assistance plan.... would Obama veto a new CR if it had too many earmarks?
2. Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn calls for the resignation of Sen. Roland Burriss; expect a wave of Democrats to follow suit. ...A detailed schedule for next Monday's fiscal responsibility hearing is here. .... SEIU chief Andy Stern challenges Chamber of Commerce's
Bruce Josten Tom Donohue to a debate over card check, or the Employee Free Choice Act. .... This Sunday, during the morning shows, the Peter G. Peterson Foundation will air a television ad on longterm deficits....a nurse from North Dakota will run the government's community health care programs.
3. Fact of Washington life: everyone IS jealous of the Politico. .... Chris Cillizza's Friday gubernatorial race line..... In wake of announcing he's pro civil unions, UT Gov. Jon Huntsman approval rating drops..to 80%..... the brightest gamma ray burst ever was recorded this week by astronomers.
4. Floating a possibility: what if Kathleen Sebelius doesn't want to be HHS Secretary? .... TN Gov. Phil Bredesen opined on health care policy today at Georgetown U....
5. Sunday: David has Govs. Jindal and Crist.... George has Arnold; Bob has HUD Sec. Donovan, and Govs.Corzine, Daniels and Strickland. On TV tonight: Dolly Parton and Tyler Perry on Larry King Live! .... George Mason U elects man as homecoming queen....join me, Norm Ornstein and Chuck Todd, along with several senators, at a budget address post-mortem on Wednesday morning, 8:30 a.m, at the National Press Club.