Obama campaign announces a bunch of new senior hires for the general election:
- Constituency Director: Brian Bond – formerly LGBT Outreach Director at the DNC
- National Field Director: Jon Carson – formerly Obama for America Voter Contact Director
- Senior Advisor to the Campaign and Chief of Staff to Michelle Obama: Stephanie Cutter
- Industrial States Regional Director: Paul Diogardi – formerly Political Director for the Democratic Governor’s Association.
- Battleground States Director: Jen O’Malley Dillon – formerly Iowa State Director for John Edwards for President
- Chief of Staff to the Vice Presidential Nominee: Patti Solis Doyle
- Latino Vote Director: Temo Figueroa – formerly Obama for America National Field Director
- First Americans Vote Director: Wizipan Garriott
- Northeast Regtional Director: Eureka Gilkey – formerly Obama for America Deputy Political Director
- 50-State Voter Registration Director: Jason Green – formerly Obama for America political and field staff
- Campaign Chief of Staff: Jim Messina – formerly Chief of Staff to Senator Max Baucus
- LGBT Vote Director: Dave Noble – formerly of the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force
- West Regional Director: Matt Rodriguez –.formerly Obama for America New Hampshire State Director
- Senior Advisor: Michael Strautmanis
- African American Vote Director: Rick Wade
Patti Solis Doyle, former campaign manager for Hillary Clinton, as the chief of staff-designate for the vice presidential nominee seems like a noteworthy pick. Stephanie Cutter was a key spokesperson for John Kerry's campaign and before that was Communications Director for Ted Kennedy, so that's a pretty high-powered choice to work with Michele Obama.
We want to hear what you think about this article. Submit a letter to the editor or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.