1. Fred Thompson kicks off " “Clear Conservative Choice: Hands Down;" Hillary Clinton will set foot in all 99 counties in Iowa over the next week; she's in NH tomorrow...campaign rents "Hill-I-Copter" for the Iowa tour....John Edwards plans major statewide canvas...Magic Johnson will campaign in Iowa for Hillary, along with Bill....
2. A new poll of Michigan Republicans and independents gives John McCain a narrow lead in the state....Mike Huckabee makes fun of New Hampshire, just a little bit, by noting "Live Free or Die" motto and pointing out how the state has no seat belt laws. Huckabee: "They take that motto seriously!"....In announcing Ed Rollings as campaign chair, Huckabee press release inadvertently calls his new "campaign manager".....new blog "The Field," which emphases on how presidential campaigns campaign in rural areas, launches...Huckabee lashes http://blog.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2007/12/14/huckbees_critiques_bush_in_for.htmlBush in Foreign Affairs article...
3. Clinton spokesman Philippe Reines does battle with unnamed Senate source over whether Hillary Clinton had a role in passing legislation requiring FEMA director to have more experience than tending to Arabian horses....For 2008 caucuses, the Nevada Democratic Party announces 520 caucus locations, more than the total number of polling sites in the 2006 election....Quad Cities Times poll shows Obama with large lead in Iowa....FEC commissioners agree that money bundled through ACTBlue won't count toward federal funding match....SEIU locals 1199 and 32BJ, representing more than 400K workers in the Northeast, endorse HRC....Hotline/Diageo poll shows tied Demo race in Iowa and large Huckabee lead; Clinton trails Obama and Edwards in terms of second-choice preference....
4. The Republican Nat'l Committee releases a report detailing delegate allocation and selection plans for the states and territories. Read it here.
5. Joe Biden campaign sends following e-mail (the X's are mine) to supporters:
The Biden for President Campaign would like YOU to go to IOWA. This once-in-a-lifetime opportunity would allow you to see a caucus and presidential campaign first-hand in the earliest voting state. We need your help, so please join us as we strive to get Senator Biden elected the next PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.
Dates: Anytime between December 14, 2007 - January 4th, 2008
Accommodations: Provided by the campaign. (Contact for more details)
Please join us for this INCREDIBLE opportunity. If you would like to find out more information, please e-mail our campaign: Becky McAndrews at XXXX@joebiden.com or Josh Kagan at XXX@joebiden.com with the subject line: IOWA. You may also call the campaign at (302) XXX-XXXX!
Thank you and we hope to see you out in IOWA!
We want to hear what you think about this article. Submit a letter to the editor or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.