Screwing around with my iTunes looking to call up some Stars songs, I noticed that an awful lot of songs have the word "stars" in the title. To wit:
- "Stars," Hum.
- "Stars," The Cranberries
- "Stars," The Dandy Warhols
- "Stars," Hum
- "The Stars," Better Than Ezra
- "The Stars of Track and Field," Belle & Sebastian
- "The Stars are Projectors," Modest Mouse
- "7 Stars," Apples in Stereo
- "Stars and Sons," Broken Social Scene
- "Stars and Stripes," Anti-Flag
- "Stars and Stripes of Corruption," Dead Kennedys
It seems to me that Anti-Flag got the better of the Dead Kennedys here in pure titling terms. As usual, the DKs let their heavy-handed didacticism get in the way. I'm not really sure how I feel about the songs as such. Hum's "Stars" is an unfairly neglected nineties alt-rock masterpiece.
UPDATE: Yes, some of these songs are very bad. Disk space, however, is cheap so I don't erase something just because it sucks.
We want to hear what you think about this article. Submit a letter to the editor or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.