Yesterday, I wrote about the debates ex-Sen. Fred Thompson has decided to attended. One of them, per the campaign, was scheduled for October 14 and sponsored by ABC News and WMUR.
Turns out that ABC News cancelled that debate a while ago, preferring to focus on others -- possibly because the GOP candidates were slow in accepting invitations.
"ABC News hosted the August debates moderated by George Stephanopoulos and will host January debates moderated by Charles Gibson," ABC's Andrea Jones e-mails. "At this point, the Thompson campaign has not called to officially accept any of the debates we are hosting this cycle."
Thompson's spokesman, Todd Harris, said today that ABC News never announced that the debate had been cancelled. He said that if ABC reinstated the October 14 debate, Thompson would be happy to participate.
We want to hear what you think about this article. Submit a letter to the editor or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.