I am moderating a chat today as part of a the larger Atlantic Food Summit that will stream live here starting at 1:00 pm EST.
I'll be moderating a panel at 1:30 pm titled "Feeding a World of Nine Billion -- Sustainably" with World Food Program CEO Rick Leach; National Pork Board CEO Chris Novak; Wellesley College professor Robert Paarlberg, Rodale Institute Executive Director Mark Smallwood, and Whole Living Executive Editor Jocelyn Zuckerman.
I'm just back from the Doha Forum where global food security was a key theme of the Qatar Emir's opener. Should be interesting.
Below the fold I have pasted the agenda for today's meeting. Atlantic Senior Editor Corby Kummer, one of the nation's great food commentators will be MCing most of the meeting -- and doing headline interviews with Martha Stewart (1 pm EST) and Mario Batali (2:30 pm EST).
Schedule follows after link to extended page
The Atlantic Intelligence Series FOOD SUMMIT
THURSDAY, MAY 24, 2012 - WASHINGTON, DC
1:00 PM WELCOME REMARKS
1:05 PM HEADLINE INTERVIEW - Martha Stewart, Founder, Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia Interviewed by: Corby Kummer, Senior Editor, The Atlantic
1:35 PM PANEL DISCUSSION - Feeding a World of Nine Billion--Sustainably
Moderator: Steve Clemons, Washington Editor-at-Large, The Atlantic
• Rick Leach, President and Chief Executive Officer, World Food Program USA
• Chris Novak, Chief Executive Officer, National Pork Board
• Robert Paarlberg, Betty Freyhof Johnson Class of 1944 Professor of Political Science, Wellesley College and Associate, Weatherhead Center for International Affairs, Harvard University
• Mark Smallwood, Executive Director, Rodale Institute
• Jocelyn Zuckerman, Executive Editor, Whole Living, and Adjunct Professor, Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism
2:35 PM HEADLINE INTERVIEW - Mario Batali, Chef, Restaurateur, Author, and Television Personality Interviewed by: Corby Kummer, Senior Editor, The Atlantic