The history of Ireland in 100 excuses:
34. Come all ye young rebels, and list while I sing/For the love of one's country is a terrible thing/It banishes fear with the speed of a flame/And it makes us all part of the patriot game.
35. He must have got it from his father's side - it couldn't have been from us.
36. "Your health!"
39. "Is it your round or mine?"
40. "Last orders!"
41. "I suppose we might as well have one for the road, so."
42. Ah, you're drunk you're drunk, you silly oul fool, still you cannot see/That's a lovely sow that me mother sent to me.
43 - 48. See 42, excuses relating to drunken nights two to seven, inclusive.
You'd think that brutal dictatorships would be better at network security:
The attack took place overnight Sunday and the target was the mail server of the Syrian Ministry of Presidential Affairs. Some 78 inboxes of Assad's aides and advisers were hacked and the password that some used was "12345". Among those whose email was exposed were the Minister of Presidential Affairs Mansour Fadlallah Azzam and Assad's media adviser, Bouthaina Shaaban.Greek deal: still not actually a deal
The finance ministers' new demands proved too much for George Karatzaferis, head of the LAOS party - a far-right minority member of the unity government. "I explained to the other political leaders that I cannot vote for this loan agreement," Mr Karatzaferis told a news conference on Friday afternoon.