- Microsoft has won U.S. antitrust approval to buy Skype for $8.5 billion. That's some markup! In 2005, eBay paid $2.6 billion in cash and stock for Skype only to sell a majority of its holdings to private investors for $1.9 billion in cash in 2009.
- Where Do Foreigners Seek The American Dream? Infographic here. Interactive chart here.
- A computer virus on Beautiful People, a dating website exclusively for "beautiful men and women," allowed a few ugly ducklings to become members but this weekend 30,000 members who no longer or never met the standards were dropped from the site. The quotes from this article could be straight out of The Onion.
- Google will digitize 250,000 books produced between 1700-1870 from the British Library's collection. The library joins 40 other libraries who have digitized and made parts of their collections available free online.
- Are the Amish embracing Facebook?
- Bitcoin prices have stabilized at around $12. Read more on the Bitcoin crash here, here and here.
- A number of you have asked if I will once again pepper my posts with otters. Instead, I point you to The Daily Otter which will meet or exceed your adorable marine creature needs.
We want to hear what you think about this article. Submit a letter to the editor or write to email@example.com.