From:Piya Kochhar
New York, N.Y.
Posted:7 Dec 99
Is there a female version of the term "phallic symbol"? It seems that we often refer to things that resemble the male anatomy as "phallic," but there doesn't appear to be a word for things that resemble the female anatomy.

Have you seen the word we're looking for? Care to coin one of your own? Join the hunt in the Word Fugitives conference of Post & Riposte.

E-mail Barbara Wallraff to propose new Word Fugitives.

Back to the introduction ...

Copyright © 1999 by The Atlantic Monthly Company. All rights reserved.