It was revealed last week that George Zimmerman has joined Twitter, a platform well-known for its tolerant and inclusive demeanor. The account's authenticity was confirmed by Zimmerman himself on the listing for his ugly piece of art, as well as by Zimmerman's brother.
What's George been tweetin' about?
A message to his haters:
.I spent entire day with a huge group of supporters taking Christmas pictures, haters stayed home by themselves trying to block me = Irony.— George Zimmerman (@TherealGeorgeZ) December 21, 2013
He's been doxxing people:
Owner of this vehicle is pseudo media. Harassing me at the Sheriffs office today. Get a clue, I still wont talk 2 u. pic.twitter.com/vfyjKxOtgC— George Zimmerman (@TherealGeorgeZ) December 19, 2013
Weighing in on the Duck Dynasty controversy:
Irony re Phil Robertson, he couldn't care less what twitter says about him he follows one man Jesus Christ. We should all emulate Him.— George Zimmerman (@TherealGeorgeZ) December 20, 2013
Talking about his hero status:
Sometimes I wish I blended in with crowds, more often I'm grateful I don't and people give me hugs and handshakes. Thanks America! God Bless— George Zimmerman (@TherealGeorgeZ) December 19, 2013
Politely declining interviews and talking about his friends:
Who does he follow?
This is just a sampling of his 43 followed accounts. They include famous people.
- @seanhannity: A friend of Zimmerman's and a Fox News host, in that order
- @BarbaraJWalters: Can you imagine what those two might be DMing each other?
- @TedNugent: "run by the TedNugent.com team, with help from the Madman himself!" This one's no surprise; Ted also loves guns.
- @AlanDersh: Famous lawyer Alan Dershowitz. Always good to have a lawyer just a tweet away.
- @Reince: RNC Chairman Reince Priebus. He does not #followback.
- @AnthonyCumia: Half of the noted radio duo Opie and Anthony. Good, clean fun (here is a video from an event on their show where one guy pukes on another guy).
Zimmerman also follows a handful of supporters. Here are some samplings from their bios.
- "Stand Your Ground America to this injustice waged upon George Zimmerman and his family"
- "Pro God ~ Pro life ~ Pro Constitution ~ George Zimmerman got justice on 7/13/2013"
- "Exposing and demolishing Traybot Fantasy since mid 2012"
- "Independent producer, author, and blogger. My new book If I Had A Son: Race, Guns, and the Railroading of George Zimmerman is on sale now."
- "JUSTICE FOR GEORGE M. ZIMMERMAN"
Zimmerman also loves to support charities. You know that George, always giving back to the community.
- @RedCross: The American Red Cross
- @WFP: The UN's World Food Programme
- @MSF_USA: Doctor's Without Borders
- @PeaceCorps: The Peace Corps
- @SaveTheChildren: "The leading independent organization creating lasting change in the lives of children in need in the United States and around the world."
This article is from the archive of our partner The Wire.
We want to hear what you think about this article. Submit a letter to the editor or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.