With the president's announcement that he'd tapped James Comey to run the FBI, the United States government has a new tallest member of the executive branch (at least whose name you might know). In fact, it's been quite a week for people of various heights in the news. Here are our favorites.
From shortest to tallest:
- Kim Kardashian, new mother: 5'3"
- Paula Deen, job-seeker: 5'5"
- Michael Bloomberg, mayor: 5'8"
- Marissa Powell, Miss Utah: 5'8"
- Barack Obama, surveiller: 6'1"
- Arne Duncan, previous tallest executive branch member: 6'5"
- LeBron James, most valuable player: 6'8"
- James Comey, future FBI head: 6'8"
- Tim Duncan, sad person: 6'11"
- James P. Sullivan, monster: 7'6"
We would have included North West, but she would have thrown off the scale.
All photos credited to AP except Sulley, via Pixar.
This article is from the archive of our partner The Wire.
We want to hear what you think about this article. Submit a letter to the editor or write to email@example.com.