An ancient Myspace page from 2005 does not make George Zimmerman look like a very good guy, and yet as his attorneys have rebranded his Web presence of late, they've apparently found the page is one blot they can't scrub. The Miami Herald's Frances Robles made the page public in a report Tuesday night, but had talked with Zimmerman's lawyer Mark O'Mara earlier in the day. O'Mara's had plenty of time to get the page taken down before 157 news outlets (per a Google search) wrote a story about it, and yet he hasn't.
It would appear Zimmerman can't access the page anymore, or else surely he would have scrubbed it. O'Mara (or a member of his team) wrote a post on his GZLegal blog Wednesday saying the page "was hacked into, and George abandoned it," but confirming that "the identified posts were his." The post went on to point out that the contents of the page could be used as evidence in a trial, so O'Mara's team wouldn't comment on them, but it said "inviting public scrutiny of the contents of this social media account invites scrutiny of the social media accounts of all parties involved." If that sounds like an allusion to the attacks on Trayvon Martin's character based on "bad boy" pictures and his own tweets, it is. But O'Mara plans to do that "ONLY in court. NOT publicly," the GZLegal Twitter account said Wednesday. It would have been a lot easier to just scrub the old Myspace page.