Onetime baseball star Jose Canseco is having such a good day he wants to hug a stranger -- in fact, he's feeling so touchy-feely he's begging his Twitter followers to hug him and looking for feel-good signs from Mother Nature. Currently playing for the Mexican League team the Tigres de Quintana Roo, Canseco's tweets on Thursday seemed to indicate he's looking to make an American comeback like Kenny Powers before him: "I want to take you on a journey with me to the impossible back to the big leagues."
In the past couple hours he's been feeling really good about it. Mostly. A sample of his tweets, starting at 4:08p.m.:
- "I wish I could give all the angry people a hug"
- "A little girl told me one time that I should open up a hug store .what a great idea"
- "Go after your dreams cause even if you fail your still a success.chasing dreams keeps you young"
- "Wow there is a black crow out side my window staring at me what does that mean"
- "If you c me in public come up to me and give me a hug ok"
- "Let's everyone all at once tweet I love life come on you can do it"
This article is from the archive of our partner The Wire.
We want to hear what you think about this article. Submit a letter to the editor or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.