One Block Off The Grid, reasoning that every U.S. state must be a leader in something, has highlighted all the quirky claims to fame it could find in a snazzy map of the United States. Some highlights:
- Colorado "ranks #1 for beer production, but not beer bellies. In 2010 Colorado was named the skinniest state."
- Illinois "has the highest rate of gang membership in the country."
- Nevada "is #1 in teen pregnancies, home foreclosures, and meth use, but it also has more mountain ranges than any U.S. state."
- Oregon was recently identified by OKCupid "as the most gay curious state in the country. It also has the most ghost towns."
- West Virginia "has the highest percentage of adults 65 and over who have had all of their natural teeth extracted."
Curious about your state? Check it out:
(h/t: Fast Company)
This article is from the archive of our partner The Wire.
We want to hear what you think about this article. Submit a letter to the editor or write to email@example.com.