It's that time of the year again: More than 40 million Americans are expected to be traveling on the roads this Wednesday before Thanksgiving, according to AAA--the busiest travel day of the year.
Hope you're not traveling on one of the roads listed below, from a ranking of the roads with the "slowest typical rush hour" in the United States and Canada. It's based on data from NAVTEQ, the digital traffic and location data company (via TechCrunch/GreenTech). New York City tops the list, but Montreal is a close second. Philly, L.A., Boston, Dallas, and Toronto make the list.
Freeways with the Slowest Typical Rush Hour
1. New York City - Brooklyn Battery Tunnel (northbound)
2. New York City - Washington Bridge (eastbound)
3. Montreal - AUT-15 (eastbound)
4. Philadelphia - US-202 (southbound)
5. Montreal - RTE-138 (westbound)
6. New York City - Washington Bridge (westbound)
7. Los Angeles - 1-10 (eastbound)
8. Boston - US-1 (northbound)
9. Dallas - TX-366 (eastbound)
10. Toronto - Don Valley Parkway (northbound)
While we're at it, here's another list of the cities with the worst rush hour traffic overall:
Cities with the Worst Rush Hours
1. New York
2. Washington, D.C.
3. San Francisco
4. Los Angeles
7. Dallas - Ft. Worth
We want to hear what you think about this article. Submit a letter to the editor or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.