The Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC), a bastion annual gathering of young (as well as old) conservatives founded by the Young Americans for Freedom, boasts such principles as economic restraint, hawkish foreign policy, and correctly predicting the next Republican presidential nominee. But what does the young conservative leadership have to say about love? Nerve Magazine's Sarah Schwab interviews three young GOP activists to get the "young Republican" perspective on romance. The 23 to 28-year olds, speaking on behalf of their youth political movement, certainly won't represent everybody in the party, but their answers are revealing.
- On Gender Roles "I think it’s different for men than it is for women. For men, the more the merrier. For women, you better keep your number low or make sure your sexual partners aren’t going to talk. I’m not saying that it’s right, but that’s just how it is."
- On Sagging Relationships "Use the slump as a reason to try new things in the bedroom – use your imagination. If that doesn’t work, get married. Then you two are stuck together."
- Why Conservatives Are Better In Bed "We aren’t 'wishy washy.' We have no problem telling you when, where, and how we want it. We like to be bossy."
- Why Conservatives Are Better Partners "You will be dating a man (or woman) with upstanding moral fiber. People of conservative backgrounds tend to be a bit more chivalrous, as well."
- On Young Republican Women "In my experience, conservative women seem to be just that in the bedroom."
This article is from the archive of our partner The Wire.