Townhall Meetings and Birthers
- Paul Krugman, New York Times: Birthers and townhall mobsters are one in the same. And "they're probably reacting less to what Mr. Obama is doing, or even to what they've heard about what he's doing, than to who he is."
- Peggy Noonan, Wall Street Journal: people protesting at townhall meetings aren't Nazis, they're scared Americans. "What the protesters are saying is, 'You are terrifying us.'"
- Ellen Goodman, Boston Globe: People are afraid of people killing their grannies. "All in all, Fearmongers Inc. plays on the notion that advance directives are a sneaky way of cutting costs by cutting life short."
- David Harsanyi, Denver Post: "So here is a plan. Instead of making the case for health care 'reform,' let's launch an offensive against citizens. Nazis. Fanatics. Mobs. Thugs. Whatever you call them."
- More coverage from The Atlantic Wire
Hillary's Trip to Africa
Cash for Clunkers
This article is from the archive of our partner The Wire.