More than 2,000 car dealerships across the country will be closing their doors in coming months. Planetizen - my favorite urbanist site - recently asked its readers what should be done with all that space. Here are the top five vote-getters (as of May 21):
- Ask the local residents about what the community needs (222 votes)
- Urban gardens (200 votes)
- Create walkable, vibrant places and improve current communities (138 votes)
- Farmers' markets and local events (126 votes)
- Solar and wind energy park/vehicle charging stations (102 votes)
We want to hear what you think about this article. Submit a letter to the editor or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.