Protecting the environment is not a task solely left to government. Companies are leading the way to curb greenhouse gas emissions and promote green policies through sustainable practices, construction and investments.
The Atlantic gathered leaders from across industry, experts and consumers alike, to explore the way business is employing sustainability to protect the environment. How are companies taking the lead to reduce emissions, promote environmental policies and curb climate change? How is sustainability affecting their bottom lines, through consumer demand today and long term changes tomorrow?
2:30 pm: Guest Arrival
3:00 pm: Program Start
5:00 pm: Program Concludes and Cocktail Reception Begins
3TEN ACL Live
310 Willie Nelson Boulevard
Austin, TX 78701
For more information, please contact Grace Harvey at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tuesday, November 28
- 3:00 p.m.WelcomeMargaret Low, President, AtlanticLIVE
- 3:05 p.m.Leading the WaySteve Adler, Mayor of Austin
Dale Ross, Mayor of Georgetown, Texas
With Steve Clemons, Washington Editor at Large, The Atlantic
- 3:30 p.m.Going Green: Sourcing from & Investing in Renewables. A session produced by our underwriter JPMorgan** Erin Robert, Head of Capital Strategies, JPMorgan Sustainable Finance
- 3:45 p.m.Consumer Values and the Bottom Line David Lake, Founder and Architect, Lake|Flato
Vikram Sahney, Divisional Vice President of Sustainability, REI
Trisa Thompson, Senior Vice President & Chief Responsibility Officer, Corporate Social Responsibility, Dell
With Alison Stewart, Contributing Editor, The Atlantic
- 4:10 p.m.Emerging EcoDistrictsLucia Athens, Chief Sustainability Officer, City of Austin
Mahesh Ramanujam, President and CEO, U.S. Green Building Council; President and CEO, Green Business Certification Inc.
Daniel Woodroffe, President and Founder, Studio dwg
With Steve Clemons, The Atlantic
- 4:35 p.m.Texas and the Future of EnergyDelia Garza, Council Member, District 2, City of Austin
Brewster McCracken, President and CEO, Pecan Street
Jackie Sargent, General Manager, Austin Energy
With Alison Stewart, The Atlantic
- 5:00 p.m.Closing ThoughtsMargaret Low, AtlanticLIVE
CityLab is a celebration of urban life, bringing together mayors from around the world, along with policymakers and business leaders, artists and activists.