More than ever, American companies, fueled by passionate consumers and active investors, are working to promote social good as part of their bottom lines. At The Atlantic's Social Impact Forum, we heard from public and private sector leaders encouraging corporate behavior for impact.
At the Social Impact Forum we looked at the future of the social impact business model and asked how companies are working to make social impact part of their bottom line.
Watch full session videos:
To see photos from this event, please visit our Facebook page.
- Thursday, December 07
- 8:25 a.m.WelcomeMargaret Low, President, AtlanticLIVE
- 8:30 a.m.A View from The HillRep. Jared Polis (D-CO)
With Steve Clemons, Washington Editor at Large, The Atlantic
- 8:50 a.m.Beyond ResponsibilitySonal Shah, Director, Beeck Center for Social Impact & Innovation, Georgetown University
Sheila Herrling, Senior Vice President of Social Innovation, Case Foundation
Elizabeth Ramirez, Director, Arabella Advisors
Anna Walker, Senior Director, Global Policy and Advocacy, Levi Strauss & Co.
With Gillian White, Senior Associate Editor, The Atlantic
- 9:15 a.m.Lessons Learned as a Benefit Corporation**Douglas L. Becker, Founder, Chairman & CEO, Laureate Education
With Cheryl L. Dorsey, President, Echoing Green
**This session is produced by our underwriter Laureate Education, and not by The Atlantic's editorial team.
- 9:25 a.m.Building Creative EconomiesLaura Callanan, Founding Partner, Upstart Co-Lab
Mary Stuart Masterson, Co-Founder, Stockade Works
With Rebecca Rosen, Senior Editor, The Atlantic
- 9:50 a.m.The B Corp MovementJay Coen Gilbert, Co-Founder, B Lab
With Gillian White, The Atlantic
- 10:10 a.m.Certifying Environmental ImpactNneka Leiba, Director of Healthy Living Science, Environmental Working Group
Mahesh Ramanujam, President & CEO, U.S. Green Building Council
Fran Teplitz, Executive Co-Director, Business, Social Investing & Policy, Green America
With Steve Clemons, The Atlantic
- 10:35 a.m.Closing ThoughtsMargaret Low, The Atlantic
In Pursuit of Happiness
The Atlantic will host a live event that explores the human hold on happiness—and aims to find ways to build a more meaningful life.