As President-elect Donald Trump begins to craft an economic plan outlining strategic objectives for the next administration, what can the business community anticipate for the role of the U.S. in the future of trade and globalization? What is the role of the corporate citizen in the face of Washington gridlock? How will the incoming presidential agenda impact domestic issues such as the national budget, health policy, infrastructure and corporate tax reform?
From Pennsylvania Avenue to Wall Street, this Atlantic post-election forum gathered business leaders, former government officials, and experts to discuss the impact of the 2016 presidential election on the business community and its position in the global marketplace.
Watch full session videos
To view photos from this event, please visit our Facebook page.
- Wednesday, November 16
- 2:30 p.m.WelcomePatrick Garrigan, Senior Director of Business Development, AtlanticLIVE
- 2:35 p.m.What the Transition Can Tell UsPeter Orszag, Former Director, Office of Management and Budget; Vice Chairman of Investment Banking and Managing Director, Lazard Freres & Co., LLC
With James Fallows, National Correspondent, The Atlantic
- 3:00 p.m.Winners and Losers: Assessing Globalization’s FutureEdward Alden, Bernard L. Schwartz Senior Fellow, Council on Foreign Relations
Fred Hochberg, Chairman and President, Export-Import Bank of the United States
With James Fallows, The Atlantic
- 3:35 p.m.A Conversation with Tim Ryan
Produced by our underwriter PwC*Tim Ryan, U.S. Chairman and Senior Partner, PwC
With Ellen McGirt, Senior Editor, Fortune
*This session is produced by our underwriter PwC, and not by The Atlantic’s editorial team.
- 3:45 p.m. What to Expect from WashingtonKaren Ignagni, President and CEO, EmblemHealth
Scott Paul, President, Alliance for American Manufacturing
Maya MacGuineas, President, Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget
With Bourree Lam, Associate Editor, The Atlantic
- 4:20 p.m.Closing ThoughtsPatrick Garrigan, AtlanticLIVE
A Global Battle: An Atlantic Forum on HIV/AIDS Today
What is the state of the HIV/AIDS epidemic at home and abroad?
The Constitution in Crisis:
What Would the Founders Say
The Constitution in Crisis: What would the founders say?