On Wednesday, February 9, The Atlantic hosted a live digital town hall discussion titled “Finding Work, Finding Our Way: Building the Economy & Jobs of the Future.” The conversation, underwritten by Microsoft, centered on how the US - both public and private sectors together - is helping to create new jobs and an economy that can provide sustainable opportunity for decades the come. Top policymakers, leading business minds, and economic authorities will help illuminate these important issues.
A sample of some of the participants:
- Tim Geithner, Secretary, United States Treasury
- Julius Genachowski, Chairman, Federal Communications Commission
- Bob McDonnell, Governor, Commonwealth of Virginia
- Safi Bahcall, Director, President, and CEO,Synta Pharmaceuticals
- Brian Deese, Special Assistant to the President for Economic Policy, The White House
- Paul Freedman, CEO, Altius Education
- Jon Huntsman, US Ambassador to China [Appearing via pre-recorded taped session]
- Kenneth Lieberthal, Director of the John L. Thornton China Center and Senior Fellow in Foreign Policy and Global Economy and Development,The Brookings Institution
- Holden Thorp, Chancellor, University of North Carolina Chapel Hill
- Shazi Visram, Founder and CEO, HAPPYBABY
- Judy Woodruff, Senior Correspondent, PBS NewsHour
To learn more about the Special Report The Atlantic produced on this event surrounding these important topics, please visit http://www.theatlantic.com/special-report/jobs-and-economy.
Former Secretary of Defense Ash Carter
with The Atlantic's Jeffrey Goldberg
On June 13th, Secretary Carter will join The Atlantic’s editor in chief, Jeffrey Goldberg, for a conversation about the military, leadership, and foreign affairs.