Four years after the sweeping health care reform legislation became law, this conversation focused on how the ACA is functioning now and what the future holds. The event's conversations—told in two parts—delved into the complexities of the law, including how regional differences in implementation have impacted cost.
Friday, November 7
2:30 p.m. One-On-One Interview
- Dr. William Hazel, Secretary of Health and Human Services, Commonwealth of Virginia
- Interviewed by: Steve Clemons, Washington Editor-at-Large, The Atlantic
2:45 p.m. Panel Discussion
- Dr. William Hazel
- Ceci Connolly, Managing Director, Health Research Institute, PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Susan Dentzer, Senior Health Policy Advisor, The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Gail Wilensky, Senior Fellow, Project Hope
- Moderated by: Steve Clemons
3:45 p.m. Conclusion
Saturday, November 8
12:30 p.m. Keynote Remarks
- Dr. Sanjay Gupta, Chief Medical Correspondent, CNN
1:05 p.m. One-On-One Interview
- Dr. Sanjay Gupta
- Interviewed by: Steve Clemons
1:30 p.m. Conclusion
People v. Cancer: Battling Cancer in the Time of COVID
What does it mean to live with cancer during a global pandemic?
Race, Justice & Equity
We’ll explore how to reform, and possibly rebuild, a criminal justice system that has for too long been based on racial inequities.