▼ Access a full list of videos from this event.
The security of pervasive advanced technology is a conversation that entangles policy-makers, academics, entrepreneurs and all-star programmers. The Atlantic convened representatives from across sectors for conversation on the outer limits of what we know in this field and the blind spots we have yet to fill in — and what they mean for citizens and the country.
To view pictures from this event, please visit our Facebook page.
About HP Security
HP enables organizations to take a proactive approach to enterprise security, disrupting the life cycle of an attack through prevention and real-time threat detection. With market-leading products, servic
Note: All times are ET
8:30 a.m. Guest Arrival, Registration, and Breakfast
9:00 a.m. Opening Remarks
- Margaret Low Smith, Vice President, The Atlantic / President, AtlanticLIVE
9:05 a.m. On the Front Lines: New Risks and Knowledge
- Doug Myers, Vice President and Chief Information Officer, Pepco Holdings Inc.
- James Wholey, Partner, Phillips Lytle LLP
- Jean Yang, Assistant Professor, Carnegie Mellon University / Co-Founder, Cybersecurity Factory
- With Mary Louise Kelly, Contributing Editor, The Altantic
9:45 a.m. The Threat of Cyberterrorism
- Meg King, Strategic and National Security Advisor / Director, Digital Futures Project, The Wilson Center
- With Steve Clemons, Washington Editor at Large, The Atlantic
10:05 a.m. Sponsor Content: Connecting the Dots — Lessons from the Underground, Presented by HP
- Rob Roy, Federal CTO, HP Enterprise Security
10:20 a.m. Cyber-resilience: Securing Our Cities
- Mike Hamilton, Policy Advisor to the Washington State Office of the CIO / CEO and Managing Partner, Critical Informatics
- David Raymond, Deputy Director of Virginia Tech IT Security Lab
- With Mary Louise Kelly, The Atlantic
11:00 a.m. The Politics of Cybersecurity
- Claude Barfield, Resident Scholar, American Enterprise Institute
- Shane Harris, Author, @War: The Rise of the Military-Internet Complex and Senior Correspondent, The Daily Beast
- Peter Warren Singer, Strategist and Senior Fellow, New America Foundation
- With Steve Clemons
11:40 a.m. A View from the Hill: Protecting Our Infrastructure
- The Honorable John Ratcliffe, Chair, Cybersecurity, Infrastructure Protection and Security Technologies Subcommittee, United States House of Representatives
- With Steve Clemons
12:00 p.m. Program Concludes
CityLab is a celebration of urban life, bringing together mayors from around the world, along with policymakers and business leaders, artists and activists.