The Aspen Ideas Festival, in partnership with the Aspen Institute, gathers the most influential thinkers in America and abroad. The 11th annual flagship event convened some of the biggest names in an array of industries to foster idea sharing, learning and forward thinking and address issues that affect us on individual and societal levels.
To see photos from this event, please visit our Facebook page.
For more information about the event, please click here.
Note: Agenda will be updated as sessions are added.
Click on a title to view a video of the session.
The Obama Doctrine: America's Role in a Complicated World
• Ben Rhodes
• Interviewed by Jeffrey Goldberg
Deep Dive: Get a Job — Youth, Employment, and the 21st Century Economy
• Martin Walsh
• Mitch Landrieu
• Mark Warner
• John Fallon
• Michael Crow
• Blair Taylor
• Melody Barnes
• Moderated by Amanda Ripley
Advice From Women Who Lead
• Pamela Reeves, Andrea Kates, Sochua Mu, Karla Ruiz Cofiño, Ai-jen Poo, Michele Norris, Shiza Shahid, Fiona Hill, Alyse Nelson,Rebecca Blumenstein, Hannah Jones, Leila Janah, Raney Aronson-Rath, Amy Cuddy, Vicky Dinges, Latondra Newton, Gayle Tzemach Lemmon, Robin Chase, Jacqueline Novogratz, Bina Venkataraman
Afternoon of Conversation (Full session. Individual segments listed below.)
• Elizabeth Alexander Poetry Reading
• Valerie Jarrett in Conversation with Walter Isaacson
• Brian Greene Science Lecture
• Susan Desmond-Hellman in Conversation with Walter Isaacson
• Paul Ryan in Conversation with Bill Kristol
• Peter Thiel in conversation with David Bradley
• Town Hall with Gwen Ifill on American Identity
• David Petraeus in Conversation with Jeffrey Goldberg
Hosted in Partnership With
Also in This Series
Aspen Ideas Festival 2018
The Aspen Ideas Festival is the nation's premier, public gathering place for leaders from around the globe and across many disciplines to engage in deep and inquisitive discussion of the ideas and issues that both shape our lives and challenge our times.
Aspen Ideas Festival 2017
The Aspen Ideas Festival is the nation's premier public gathering place for leaders from around the globe and across many disciplines to present and discuss the ideas and issues that both shape our lives and challenge our times.
Unthinkable: The 50 Moments that Define the Trump Presidency
On January 22nd, join some of the writers behind the stories as they discuss the notable events in the Trump presidency and where the president and the country go from here.