The Zoological Society of London has a problem: there are only three known Mangarahara cichlids, arguably the world's ugliest fish, left in the world after dams in Madagascar, as The Guardian reports, dried up their natural habitat, and all three are male. The ZSL has two of them, both are 12 years old and they're looking for mates.
- Fertile lovers.
- Lovers must be thick-skinned. The fish are described as "gorgeously ugly" and that's from the people who are paid to take care of them.
- Germans not preferred. "There had been a female in captivity at the German zoo but attempts to breed ended in disaster when the male killed her," reads the BBC's report.
- Silver-coloring and orange-tipped tails are a turn-on.
- Relocation fees or nice vacation to London—negotiable.
- Again, only other Mangarahara cichlids or Ptychochromis Insolitus need apply.
If interested email the ZSL and the two bachelors at firstname.lastname@example.org.