Two large explosions targeting military units in the Syrian city of Aleppo went off on Friday, as shelling and mayhem continue throughout the country. Syrian state TV said two military security headquarters were the targets of the blasts, and that 25 people have been killed and 175 more wounded. Officials blamed "terrorists" for the attacks, as well for setting "booby traps" throughout the city of Homs. According to the BBC, a spokesperson for Free Syrian Army has taken credit for the attacks. (UPDATE: The BBC now says there are conflicting reports on responsibility as different FSA spokesmen have both called it a "military operation" by their side and blamed it on the regime, saying, "Suspicious activity by security personnel had been noticed shortly before the blasts.")
No matter who is responsible for the bombings, it will surely provide the government with further pretext to continue its own bombing campaign in Homs and elswhere.
Aleppo, which is Syria's most populous city, has been a government stronghold for most of the 11-month uprising and has seen relatively little violence or protesting. Just one day ago, however, The Los Angeles Times reported that pro-regime sentiment has begun to waver as the violence and unrest take its toll on residents everywhere.