1. If you're a Bahraini Shia outside your house, you're worried about staying alive;
2. If you're a Bahraini Sunni leader, you're worried that the Saudis, thinking you can't control your Shia population, will soon invade and occupy your country;
3. If you're an American policymaker, you're worried about losing a surpassingly important strategic asset in Bahrain, which is home to the U.S. Navy's 5th fleet;
4. If you're an American policymaker, you're worried about how deeply you should deplore from the State Department podium the Saudi attempt to undermine Bahrain's Shia-dominated reform movement;
5. If you're an Iranian military planner, you're worried that the Americans and Saudis conspire to keep Bahrain's pro-Western rulers in power, thereby limiting your opportunities to, among other things, seed the Persian Gulf with mines;
6. If you're an Israeli policymaker, you're worried that the U.S. will choose not to veto an anti-settlement resolution at the United Nations;
7. If you're a supporter of Israel, you're worried that the Israeli leadership has no idea how to manage its relations with the country's dwindling number of friends.
We want to hear what you think about this article. Submit a letter to the editor or write to email@example.com.