The Affordable Care Act promises to bring better nutritional labeling to restaurant menus.
The Supreme Court ruling that the Affordable Care Act (ACA) is indeed constitutional means that Americans will now have greater access to health care as well as to services to help prevent disease.
The American Public Health Association summarizes the benefits:
- 31 million Americans are projected to gain health coverage by 2019
- 54 million U.S. families have additional benefits, including greater access to preventive health care services
- 2.5 million young adults up to age 26 are able to stay on their parents' health insurance plans;
- nearly 18 million children with pre-existing conditions are protected from insurance coverage denials;
- seniors can access preventive services
The Supreme Court says go for it.
FDA: No more excuses. Get busy!
This post originally appeared on Food Politics, an Atlantic partner site.
We want to hear what you think about this article. Submit a letter to the editor or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.