This dressing is simple—no fancy fruity flavors or vinegars, just nature's own luscious fat, acid, sweetness, and spices to garnish a spring harvest.
• 4 cups of fresh salad greens
• 2 ounces of fresh goat cheese (chevre)
• 2 tablespoons lemon juice
• 1 tablespoons honey
• 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• ¼ cup of dried cranberries (or other dried fruit)
• ¼ cup walnuts or almonds, roughly chopped
• salt and pepper to taste
Place greens, nuts, and dried fruit in a large salad bowl. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the honey, olive oil, and lemon juice. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Toss the salad with the dressing and crumble the goat cheese on top.