This unique salad is made in one skillet and served immediately.
Makes 8 servings
• ½ pound diced Andouille sausage
• 1 minced shallot
• 2 tablespoons brown sugar
• 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
• 4 tablespoons cider vinegar
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• 10 ounces of mixed winter greens (baby mustard, beet greens, chard or kale)
• 4 ounces of a lighter green such as chicory or frisée
Get skillet hot and add diced Andouille. Brown evenly and add minced shallot. Add the brown sugar, mustard, and cider vinegar. Stir until sugar dissolves. Add olive oil and stir again.
Add hearty winter greens and stir until stems begin to slightly soften. Stir in lighter greens and cook for 30 seconds.
Place wilted salad on a salad platter, top with fried onions, and serve immediately.
To read Regina Charboneau's post about preparing this salad, click here.
We want to hear what you think about this article. Submit a letter to the editor or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.