Photo by Andreanna/Flickr CC
All-Purpose Garlic, Olive Oil and Anchovy Sauce contains all the elements necessary to make this classic pasta in perfect proportion.
• 10 to 12 ounces spaghetti or linguine
• All-Purpose Garlic, Olive Oil, and Anchovy Sauce (see recipe), prepared without lemon juice
• 1/4 of a crumbled peperoncino or 1/8 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
• About 2/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley.
• Freshly ground black pepper
Place a large pot of water on high heat to boil. Add the spaghetti to the pot and cook until al dente. Drain the pasta, reserving about 1/4 cup of the cooking water.
Pour the sauce into the pot and add the peperoncino or pepper flakes; warm over low heat until you smell the garlic. Return the pasta to the pot with 2 tablespoons of the reserved cooking water and the parsley. Increase the heat to high and toss until the pasta is well coated and hot. Pepper generously, adjust the seasoning, and serve at once.