This Sunday, the Denver Broncos will face off against the Seattle Seahawks in Super Bowl XLVIII. They will meet on the gridiron in
New York New Jersey for a fierce battle of brains and brawn.
Who will win? You could spend hours poring over stats, looking for some equation that will divine the outcome of the game for you. Or you could turn to the wisdom of animals. Here are just some of the Super Bowl XLVIII predictions from organisms that do not understand football.
- Eli the ape—who hasn't been wrong since 2006—has chosen the Seattle Seahawks to win.
- Hugh and Buffet, manatees, were split on their decision. Hugh picked the Seattle Seahawks, while Buffett sided with the Denver Broncos.
- The puppies on Animal Planet's Puppy Cam have chosen the Denver Broncos.
- Tyke the raccoon in Scottsbluff, Nebraska has chosen the Denver Broncos.
- Fred the Psychic Bunny has predicted that the Seattle Seahawks will win.
- Kiano, a black rhino from Des Moines, Iowa, has chosen the Denver Broncos.
- Ozzy, a grizzly bear in Montana, has chosen the Denver Broncos.
- Teddy Bear the porcupine, who correctly predicted the last two Super Bowls, has chosen the Seattle Seahawks.
- Murphy and Diablo, both Komodo dragons, have predicted a Denver Broncos victory.
- Princess the Camel, who accurately predicted six of the last seven championships, died on January 14, before she could make her prediction.
- Pancakes, a pot-bellied pig at the Fort Worth Zoo, likes the Seattle Seahawks.
And for posterity's sake, here are some other, non-animal predictions:
- A Madden NFL 25 simulation has predicted a Denver Broncos victory, 31-28.
- Chris Christie chose the Denver Broncos. (The Seahawks will presumably be stuck in traffic and unable to make it to the game.)
This article is from the archive of our partner The Wire.
We want to hear what you think about this article. Submit a letter to the editor or write to email@example.com.