Smith recently announced a new trilogy of nonfiction books, including another memoir. Her latest album Banga is a trip through "the network of my mind and the correspondences of things," a network that is beautifully presented in this month's book.
It's easy to join our Twitter book club. Find a copy of Just Kids, follow us at @1book140, start reading, and add your voice. What do we discuss? Read a summary of the first week of December 2012 on #1book140.
Here's our discussion schedule. Just Kids has one large middle chapter surrounded by much smaller ones, so the schedule is more complicated than usual:
- Week One: Chapter one, "Monday's Children" using #1b140_1 as a hashtag for your tweets
- Week Two: Chapter two, "Just Kids," and into the first part of "Hotel Chelsea" #1b140_2
- Read until the section that opens with "Robert's great wish was to break into the world that surrounded Andy Warhol"
- Week Three: Finish chapter three, "Hotel Chelsea" #1b140_3
- Week Four: "Separate Ways Together" and "Holding Hands with God" #1b140_4