Alec Baldwin, prolific tweeter and anti-paparrazi activist, (who is also -- we've heard -- an actor), quit Twitter on Monday. His parting words: "It's been fun."
While Baldwin did not deactivate his account, he changed it to @ABFalecbaldwin, or the "Alec Baldwin Foundation twitter page." We're not sure exactly how much this will change things. He quit Twitter once before, after raging against American Airlines when he was kicked off a flight for playing "Words with Friends," and quickly returned. But we don't want to get our hopes up, expecting raging (often hilariously raging, occasionally also poignantly raging) tweets that the never come. So instead, let's remember the good times (via Baldwin's Facebook page, which also contains his old tweets):
- 6/30/12: "Never trust a grown man wearing a baseball cap, unless he's a coach."
- 6/25/12: "A 'photographer' almost hit me in the face with his camera this morning #allpaparazzishouldbewaterboarded."
- 6/20/12: "I am told I ran over someone's foot on my bike today. I think it was that person who placed their foot under the wheel of my bike."
- 6/19/12: "I suppose if the offending paparazzi was wearing a hoodie and I shot him, it would all blow over..."
- 6/01/12: "I block all self-proclaimed enigmas..."
- 4/30/12: "Are you afraid to die?"
- 4/12/12: "I like twitter bc it's direct, instant. But, maybe I should run it all by Whoopie..."
- 4/8/12: "La Piedra"
- 4/8/12: "Pescador"
- 4/8/12: "Matador"
- 3/30/12: "Marriage"
- 2/26/12 (during the Oscars): "I am officially announcing that I am re-making THE ARTIST with sound."
- 2/26/12: "I think a horse, or maybe a cow, should host the Oscars."
- 2/26/12: "I'm going skydiving, but I'm gonna hang from Angelina Jolie."
- 12/6/11 (during American Airlines debacle): "Last flight w American. Where retired Catholic school gym teachers from the 1950′s find jobs as flight attendants."
- 10/13/11: "'@IamSyndyCrystle: @AlecBaldwin Would you be rather loved by CRITICS or ADORED by FANS??' I'd rather be licked by a dog"
- 9/19/11: "Kanye and I are doing a song called N***** IN MONTAUK. My album is called MY BEAUTIFUL PALE TWISTED FANTASY."
Any favorites we forgot? Leave them in the comments.
R.I.P., Alec Baldwin's twitter page. You will not be forgotten.
This article is from the archive of our partner The Wire.
We want to hear what you think about this article. Submit a letter to the editor or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.