Welcome to the Smart Set. Every morning we bring you the gossip coverage, filtered. Today: Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner welcome their first child, HBO Sports president Ross Greenburg departs, and Patrick Kennedy is married by a very famous judge.
- Ivanka Trump tweeted on Sunday that she and husband Jared Kushner "welcomed a beautiful and healthy little girl into the world." It's the first child for The Apprentice judge and New York Observer publisher. No name was given, but that makes three grandchildren for her father Donald. [US]
- HBO Sports president Ross Greenburg is leaving the network after 33 years, but denies he was fired for losing the May 7 fight between Shane Mosley and Manny Pacquiao to Showtime. "That's a silly rationale," said Greenburg, who cited fatigue as the reason he wasn't renewing his contract. An unnamed boxing promoter disagrees: “He was absolutely fired. The guy’s been twisting in the wind for months. They’ve been looking for a replacement.” Greenburg has been in charge of the network's sports division since 2000. [The New York Times]
- "What's in the water at CNBC?" Probably nothing, but a fair amount of on-air talent has been pregnant of late. Last week, media reporter Julia Boorstin gave birth to a boy, Henry. Meanwhile, Squawk Box co-anchor Becky Quick "seems to be in her final trimester" and Wall Street reporter Kate Kelly is "sporting a bump." [Page Six]
- While Harry Potter fans were lining up for midnight screenings of the final film in the series Thursday night, star Emma Watson and "some girlfriends" at Patti Smith's concert at Castle Clinton in Battery Park. [Gatecrasher]
- Jennifer Lopez reportedly "dumped [husband] Marc Anthony" hours before the pair was supposed to meet Prince William and Kate Middleton at BAFTA's Brits to Watch gala in Los Angeles. If there are any lingering bad feelings, they apparently won't get in the way of talent search reality show Q'Viva: The Chosen together. "The show goes on," said reps for the talent search program. [The Daily Mail and Daily Intel]
- Jane Fonda isn't happy with QVC for cancelling her scheduled weekend appearance on the network to promote her new book. Writing on her website, Fonda (an outspoken critic of the wars in Vietnam and Iraq) said she was "disappointed that QVC caved to this kind of insane pressure by some well-funded and organized political extremist groups and that they did it without talking to me first." [The Hollywood Reporter]
- Rep. Loretta Sanchez married retired Army lieutenant Jack Einwechter Saturday in California. It's the second marriage for both. [The Reliable Source]
- More on the weekend wedding front: Former Rhode Island Rep. Patrick Kennedy married New Jersey schoolteacher Amy Petitgout at the Kennedy compound in Hyannisport on Friday. "Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer performed the ceremony before about 200 family and friends." [The Reliable Source]
This article is from the archive of our partner The Wire.