Welcome to the Smart Set. Every morning we bring you the gossip coverage, filtered. Today: Chris Hansen learns the meaning of irony, Prince Harry has a new girlfriend and a new Kennedy enters the world.
- Hidden camera busts were a staple of Chris Hansen's To Catch A Predator, but now a National Enquirer video sting has reportedly captured the married anchor carrying on with former NBC intern Krystyn Caddell. The Enquirer tape, which isn't online, reportedly shows Hansen "taking Caddell on a romantic dinner at the exclusive Hotel, before spending the night at her Palm Beach apartment." Sources say the pair "met last March at a party in Palm Beach" and have been "dating for the past four months." [Page Six]
- Prince Harry and on-again-off-again girlfriend Chelsea Davy are off again, but the prince has reportedly already found a new squeeze in "posh and leggy model" Florence Brudenell-Bruce. What do we know about her? Her last boyfriend was Formula One driver Jenson Button, she's "modeled for Elizabeth Hurley, department store John Lewis and lingerie chain Knickerbox," and she's both an "actress and budding art collector." So far, she's appeared in a Bollywood movie and "most recently has been filming a horror film set in Switzerland." [Women's Wear Daily]
- The Los Angeles Times is folding Brand X, the paper's "somewhat youthier culture and events publication." The last print issue of the two-year-old weekly tabloid ran yesterday, and the website will be shuttered as of July 8, according to a memo from the Los Angeles Times Media Group. The memo says Brand X's staffers (six are listed on the masthead) will "transition into similar roles elsewhere in the company." [LA Observed]
- Six weeks after the cancellation of her Showtime series United States of Tara, Juno screenwriter Diablo Cody is set to make her big-screen directorial debut on Lamb of God. She'll be adapting her own original script, which "follows a young conservative religious woman who loses her faith after a plane crash" and goes to Las Vegas to "live the life of a sinner, and somehow finds her faith along the way." Mandate Pictures supposedly has the project "on the fast track and will begin casting right away." [Deadline]
- The Kennedy clan has grown by one following the birth Monday of Gideon Joseph Kennedy McKean. His parents are Maeve Townsend and David McKean, which means former Maryland Lt. Gov. Kathleen Kennedy Townsend and is his grandmother. He's also "the first great-grandchild for Ethel Kennedy and the late Robert F. Kennedy," and counts as a fifth generation Kennedy. [The Reliable Source]
This article is from the archive of our partner The Wire.
We want to hear what you think about this article. Submit a letter to the editor or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.