Welcome to the Smart Set. Every morning we bring you the gossip coverage, filtered. Today: President Obama's night at the museum, Bee Shaffer's big move, and Charlie Sheen's real thoughts on Ashton Kutcher.
- Vogue editor Anna Wintour's daughter, Bee, has reportedly ditched "low-level" job at College Humor to work for Glee creator Ryan Murphy's production company in Los Angeles. Though she doesn't have an official title yet, she's apparently involved in "overseeing research for the shows and projects,"including a 3D Glee concert movie, and more notably, at least where her mother is concerned, a new reality show about competitive modeling, Model Apartment. [Gatecrasher]
- President Obama made his first visit to the Smithsonian since taking office Sunday night. He and daughters Sasha and Malia toured the gallery of U.S. presidents spent time at the museum's temporary Abraham Lincoln exhibit which is closing at the end of the month, with the president taking special interest in the 16th president’s Lincoln’s gold watch and life mask." [The Reliable Source]
- If Katie Couric does land at ABC, she could be used as a weapon against her old Today show colleagues. Reportedly, the deal between the exiting CBS News anchor and ABC will include "strategic guest appearances" on Good Morning America. A source says ABC views Meredith Vieria's departure from Today as a "huge opportunity." [Page Six]
- Financier Marc Rich, controversially pardoned by Bill Clinton in 2001, still hasn't returned to the U.S., but his life story may be playing on movie screens here soon. Ron Howard and Brian Grazer's Imagine Entertainment are "very close" to making a movie out of Rich's life story, and have supposedly picked up the rights to at least one book about him. [Page Six]
- Was Charlie Sheen being less than honest when he tweeted well wishes to Ashton Kutcher after the former That '70s Show star was named as his Two and a Half Men replacement? Possibly not. Says an unnamed associate of the actor: He really thought that he would be invited back...he is destroyed that Ashton is replacing him. Destroyed." Destroyed. [PopEater]
This article is from the archive of our partner The Wire.