The Atlantic Wire has featured plenty of Bloggingheads content in the past. It's right up our alley, after all: pundits gleefully and civilly going at each other over the top topics of the day. So it only seems fair to pass this along, too. To celebrate a five-year anniversary, Bloggingheads editors have stitched together dozens upon dozens of snippets from past debates, creating a Bloggingheads, twenty-first century version of Billy Joel's We Didn't Start the Fire--and it actually rhymes. Sometimes.
Our contribution: a companion treasure hunt/viewing guide. Some things to watch for:
- Rhymes Rhyming Reverend Wright with The Dark Knight, AIPAC with "drone attacks," "empathy" with Kennedy, Fort Hood with Tiger Woods.
- Reihan Salam Intent on Matters of Great Import Extra points if you can spot a frame in which the fast-talking, frenetically-reading conservative commentator does not have his brow deeply furrowed.
- Nice Accessorizing A guest with American flags stuck in her hair.
- Friends of the Wire The Atlantic Wire's very own former editor at large makes an appearance.
- Lady Gaga Yup, she comes up, too (verbally--don't get your hopes up).
Happy anniversary, Bloggingheads!