HBO original movies are a distinguished character actor's bread-and-butter, but even by the network's lofty standards, the cast for Curtis Hanson's upcoming adaptation of Andrew Ross Sorkin's financial meltdown chronicle "Too Big To Fail" reads like a list of everyone who has been in a movie since 1987, including Billy Crudup, James Woods, Bill Pullman, Matthew Modine, Dan Hedaya, Ed Asner, Paul Giamatti, William Hurt, Tony Shalhoub, Kathy Baker, John Heard, Cynthia Nixon, Topher Grace, Evan Handler, and Joey Slotnik.
The response, suffice it to say, has been positive.
- "The cast list for the adaptation of Andrew Ross Sorkin's Too Big To Fail is enthralling" - Dave Weigel, Slate
- "Quite the starry cast" - Richard Lawson, Gawker
- "Quite an impressive ensemble" - Jeff Sneider, The Wrap
- "A killer ensemble cast" - James White, Empire Online
- "A star-studded cast" - Jacqueline Palank, The Wall Street Journal
- "A star-studded ensemble" - Nellie Andreeva, Deadline
- "[An] all-star cast" - Chris Harnick, TV Squad
- "An impressive all-star cast" - James Hibberd, The Hollywood Reporter
This article is from the archive of our partner The Wire.
We want to hear what you think about this article. Submit a letter to the editor or write to email@example.com.